Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• I don't think one should avoid alternative investments, but this is an excellent article that provides an outside the box view of alternatives that I agree with highly.

• I recently added Blackstone Group (BX) for this spcae. I consider it a part of my financials sector weighting, but have JPM and TRV as the main players in this sector. Nice yield on BX but it is very volatile and not for the faint of heart:)
  • @slick: Have a position in KKR with a nice 8% + dividend at the price I paid for it.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Own OAK, BX, speculative position in CERGF.
  • Own OAK as well. BX looks interesting.
  • edited May 2014
    Hello,

I use LPEFX to gain exposure to public traded private equity. I have linked the fund’s Fact Sheet for those that might be interested. According to my last M* Instant Xray report I hold about ten percent of alternative type assets within my portfolio. This would be assets that are not considered to be stocks, bond or cash.

http://www.lpefund.com/documents/pdfs/lpeix-fs-20140331.pdf

I wish all … “Good Investing.”

Old_Skeet