Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The top 500; that's all I ask.....

edited October 2011 in Off-Topic
Morn'in.............

Kinda early to be ticked; but, Halloween is coming again. I know the kids in our neighborhood will have "sweet treats" in a few weeks.
All I ask before Halloween is that the top 500 folks of the Federal Reserve, U.S. Treasury and the EuroZone country leaders, bankers...etc. provide their investment holdings on a weekly basis; not unlike the Funds Boat does here.
I am leaving out a great number of other folks for this insight; but this will provide enough data to give a much clearer indication of the real "put your money where your mouth is" indicator.
This insightful view request comes from the recall of when our daughter caught me placing money under her pillow; after having placed one of her teeth in place for a visit from the tooth fairy. Her view of such events changed relative to the cookies, milk and the note left for "Santa", too.
As Europe continues to play the "tooth fairy" game for too long now; all I really need to see is the portfolio holdings of the 500 noted above. I need no more data than this to place our forward investments. Forget the charts and graphs and implied fair values; I want to see the "sentiment" of those who think they really understand the true situation and the ramifications of their actions, and inactions.
The "Zombies" have been in place; but may actually be walking the streets all too soon for the public to also see. The "zombies" being the Euro banks. Dexia, the Belegian bank; which passed the EuroZone stress test with flying colors last year..........ya, right; I wrote about those tests at FA. It was a zombie then, and continues to be a zombie now; but is now walking in the daylight, too.

Another Euro plan promised before the end of this month..............geez, are these folks on meds; or have not been taking the meds; as prescribed.

These folks are wondering about tooth fairies and trick or treat, too.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/20111011/228944_stocks-euro-s-p-500-dow-jones-industrial-average-nasdaq.htm

Such a difficult burden for making investment choices and decisions at this house; when carrying such a big bag of skepticism.

Thank you; and ya'll have a decent day.

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• This is how I see the situation, to put it bluntly

I can see the writing is on the wall

The Euro plan needs credit.
    Helen Wait is the credit manager!!
    Go to Helen Wait!!!

Also
    Is there any gold left in Ft. Knox??
  • Howdy Gary,

Ya, Helen Wait just about covers the topic; and NO, there is no gold in Fort Knox, as it was used to pay off foreign dollar holders in 1973.

Take care,
    Catch