Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Thus far I have not reduced my allocation to equities as I have sometimes done in the past usually around March, April and/or May. However, I am watching the technicals that I follow and I do plan a reduction of up to about five percent and hopefully no more than ten percent should I vision a break down in the S&P 500 Index. I'll probally use an average out method and sell down one percent for every 25 point pull back once my thresh hole decline has been reached. Thus to get to the full ten percent reduction there would have to be better than a 250 point pull back in the S&P 500 Index from its current level. Now you know my thresh hole is about a 2.5% drop before I would start a sell down process or about a fifty point drop from where we are currently at.

This will automatically build cash during the pull back for later deployment once the new investment trade winds are detected.

Steady as she goes as I keep on keeping-on and staying my investment course.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Old_Skeet