Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

@ Kaspa - A Dividend Growth Portfolio

by David Van Knapp via Seeking Alpha

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2247103-my-dividend-growth-portfolios-6th-birthday-report?ifp=0

I don't know if you are aware of this gentleman and/or his contributions in this form of investing but you may find what he has to say of interest. Hopefully it will be of some use to you in your endeavors.

Comments

• Hi Mark,

From time-to-time Kaspa does post some of his thinking here at MFO. As you can see from reading this peace the site does draw some interesting folks.

Dividend growth is someting that I have practiced myself for a good number of years but through mutual funds rather than stocks themselves. I have watched my yield on amount invested increase through the years and over the past five years, or so, the yield on my portfolio has risen form about four percent back in 2009 to better than five percent thus far. This is one of the reasons I have favored stocks over bonds and it seems others have had similar thoughts.

Indeed it was a joy to read about David Van Knapp's work.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Old_Skeet
  • Mark said:

by David Van Knapp via Seeking Alpha

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2247103-my-dividend-growth-portfolios-6th-birthday-report?ifp=0

I don't know if you are aware of this gentleman and/or his contributions in this form of investing but you may find what he has to say of interest. Hopefully it will be of some use to you in your endeavors.

Thanks Mark. I have indeed read some of his postings and my screen includes consistent dividend growth as one of the parameters.