Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buffett on Sex - Really!!

Hi Guys,

Yes, a few days ago I was surprised and delighted to learn that Warren Buffett has incorporated many references in his writings that pair investment and sex comparisons.

I always knew that Buffett is a multi-dimensional expert; a true renaissance man.

But I never suspected that he is also a dirty old-man (not to be taken too seriously). I was not aware of this inclination until I read the Motley Fool’s Morgan Housel. Housel has painstakingly researched past Buffett publications and has found numerous quotations with the investment-sex coupling.

Here is the Link to Housel’s article:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/06/02/warren-buffett-on-sex.aspx

It’s fun stuff with a lot of embedded investment wisdom. Enjoy.

It’s interesting to note that this same article was first issued in 2009. Here is the Link to that original piece:

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2009/07/13/warren-buffett-on-sex.aspx

Just like investment advice, there is a lot of recycling everywhere. I assume Housel was paid twice. That’s never happened to me.

Buffett is likely the most quoted financial wizard ever. That’s an earned accolade given his humor and his market wisdom. I was completely unfamiliar with the witticisms that Housel uncovered.

I was only familiar with his more conventional sayings like: “Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful”.

My knowledge horizons have again been elevated by Morgan Housel’s stimulating, funny, and often off-center articles. I thank him for that, and I thank you for reading my post.

Best Regards.

Comments