Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Interesting:
    "The smaller Pimco fund has trounced the firm’s biggest one in this environment. Pimco’s Total Return ETF has returned 14.7 percent since its Feb. 29, 2012, inception, compared with an 8.7 percent gain on the $229 billion bond mutual fund overseen by the Newport Beach, California-based asset manager, according to data compiled by Bloomberg."
  • Well, if you went into BOND several months ago you are still be underwater, not the case with, say, PDI (apples/orangutans).
  • Well, if you went into BOND several months ago you are still be underwater

1. Kudos for apples/orangutans -:)

2. I'm not in the fund, but I looked at Morningstar's total return figures.....don't see how an investor would be underwater if they went in "several months ago"
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

3 month return, as of 6/4/2014: 1.82%
    YTD return, as of 6/4/2014 : 3.56%
    1 year return, as of 6/4/2014 : 2.35%
  • Sorry; my bad for wrong period terminology/characterization. I bought a lot 4/13 and 5/13 and am underwater ~2% and ~1% on those purchases. Must've been a high back then, sort of. Until the recent runup I was under by quite a bit more than that. All a little surprising to me; quite a bit worse than FSICX, PONDX (my two faves), DODIX, and of course PDI. Even than FTBFX, and about the same as AGG for that span. Big slump end of last year what did it, if you zoom in on the curves. I would not have thought it would do significantly worse than FTBFX.