Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

S&P 500 Nearing The 2K Summit

FYI: During the first week of 2013 I predicted on this board the S&P 500 would finish the year at 1,826. It turned out to be a little to conservative of a prediction with the S&P 500 finishing 2013 at 1,848. This year during the first week of 2014 I predicted the S&P 500 would end the year at 2,125 up 15%. Set your investment plans accordingly
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/assets/print?aid=USKBN0EH2CK20140606

Comments

• @Ted for the new people here - what do use for your projections PE, technical analysis, etc?
  • @Dex: Nothing fancy, just good old fashion intuition, terrio cards, a little astrology, my cat Pink's paw, and a rabbit's foot.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited June 2014
    Thank you again, Ted, for your market predictions.
  • edited June 2014
    I do think that the market is probably being drawn - at this point - like a magnet to 2000. We will likely get there and you will have all manner of headlines about it. I do, however, wonder if there will be difficulty getting over that significant line. You may get a push over as people run in thanks to the headlines, but I think either you get that push in due to headlines and that's not sustainable OR you get resistance at 2000 and the market trades down or sideways.

This is not saying that the market cannot push higher than 2000 and be higher at year end, but I can see a couple of scenarios where there may be turbulence at that level.