Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is the EuroZone going to continue to have a negative affect upon your funds.....

edited October 2011 in Fund Discussions
for the next 6-12 months. Are ya gonna still hang onto those equity funds or do you have full faith that Europe will have a plan of some value for a fix anytime soon?
Would what appears to be a monetary fix really fix the problem. Where does all of the magic money come from and what is the forward affect of more magic money in the EuroZone? Instead of a very good cleaning of the carpet; will not any monetary plan just sweep the "dirt" under the carpet and out of sight?

There are many more here at MFO with much sharper thinking tools in the shed, versus this house.

Inquiring minds want to know !!!

Thank you and take care,
Catch

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I really do not plan on making much (if any) changes for the remainder of the year. I think one has to continue to have equity exposure, although I would lean towards flexible funds - I like what I see with Marketfield (MFLDX) and I have a few other flexible/alternative/allocation funds (AQR Risk Parity, a couple of managed futures funds.) I would still rather dial down volatility than go short, at least at this point.

"Where does all of the magic money come from and what is the forward affect of more magic money in the EuroZone?"

What's that term again? Magical realism? Well, this is magical mathematics. My guess is whatever it takes to bail out everyone will happen again.
  • edited October 2011
    P-I-I-G-S, CALI-MICHIGAN-NEVADA-FLORIDA-NY-NEW MEXICO-USA- WORLD

It's same news over and over again...we'll see... lots of volatility the next 12-36 months. the world probably will not end tomorrow.

I am still distrubuting into tsp/401k [at least this is what I've told flack]

buy when there's blood in the street..lol

but I think the bond portfolio could be 'all weather fund' whether market goes up or down
  • johnN,

"P-I-I-G-S, CALI-MICHIGAN-NEVADA-FLORIDA-NY-NEW MEXICO-USA- WORLD
    It's same news over and over again...we'll see... lots of volatility the next 12-36 months.
    buy when there's blood in the street"

Not sure about some of these in your list; but Michigan has a balanced budget at this time.
    The state is in "idle mode"; not going forward much, kinda stuck in place. One continues to hope
    for Michigan that the retirees with the nice pension plans continue to spend money.

As to blood in the streets; how does one determine how deep the wound may be and how much more blood is to be let?

Like a limbo bar and everyone watching; never expected that it would get that low.

Regards,
    Catch