Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Breakfast Briefing

Comments

• Author's thesis: Correlations among different sectors of the market have been falling, which should produce a better environment for stock-pickers.
    In May, the average correlation of the 10 S&P 500 large-cap sectors to the index itself was just 70.6%, the second-lowest level since October 2009, according to Mr. Colas’s calculations. That’s down from 79% in the prior month, 85% three months ago and the 95% levels that consistently occurred during the middle of 2011, when Europe’s debt crisis and U.S. political turmoil roiled markets.
  • @Ted that seems a misreading.
  • edited June 2014
    "I'm considering moving on, it appears I've outlived my usefulness."

Actually, Ted, you'd be more useful to the board if you did as David asks.

See IE's post; that's what David's asking for, some substance to explain why a particular article is worth someone else's time to read.