Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gold Set For First Back-To-Back Weekly Gain Since April

Comments

• Really, it's becoming laughingly predictable. Gotta pump it up a little, and then a little more, and then once enough suckers have come in and a sufficient plateau higher is achieved, manipulate it back down with the paper instruments (representing gold that probably doesn't even exist). What do they have to fear? Another CFTC "inquiry"?
  • @heezsafe: "Pump & Dump"
    Regards,
    Ted
  • beebee
    edited June 2014
    Hi Folks,

Dealing with an elderly parent has kept me far away from the internet and this site.
    Hope all is well.

When it comes to PMs I take a slightly different stance than the above posters.

Manipulated? Like the rest of the market? Of course. When has that stopped us from investing? My only way of seeing value these days is through price discovery. As equities are discovering their tops the PMs have been discovering their bottoms.

PM prices are at 1 and 5 year lows. I would say more deflationary pricewise.

Could a lack of inflation or slow growth push PM prices lower? Probably.

Can you make short term profits with lower risk than most other equity investment right now? I think so.

My suggestion:

Learn how PM and PM Miners move (charts help) and let the market price determine if you hold 'em or fold 'em...multiple days or weeks of higher lows (hold 'em) vs multiple lower lows (fold 'em).

Here's a recent article and maybe a way to follow PMs if you have an interest:

shortsideoflong.com/2014/06/portfolio-big-move-coming-pms/
  • @Bee: Glad to have you back ! Just for you.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Thanks Ted,
    When it comes to buzzfeed (links) you are the BZB. I have some catching up to do.