Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

G-20 tells EU, enema kit ready, ya got 8 days folks.......LIP

edited October 2011 in Off-Topic

Hell, I've had their enema kit in place for two years !
Well, we shall see, eh?
May be a most interesting market week ahead...........I do hope our house has some reason to at least smile a little bit, too.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/16/us-g-idUSTRE79C74G20111016

Catch

Comments

• edited October 2011
    LOL. "You have 8 days to fix a crisis years in the making." (Looks around) "Eight days good with everyone?" (small voice in the back) "Why not 7 days?" Everyone else: "Ok, eight days it is, then."
  • Howdy scott,

Very good.

If I were an editorial cartoonist......I can envision the 40 or so G-20 folks with the 40 or so EU folks in a large room; with either a group therapy scenario or the G-20's being the "shrinks" and the EU's being on the couch for their "session".
    The group therapy discussion topic and/or the shrink couch session would pose around the fact of whether "cranial/rectal inversion" was indeed a true physical possiblity and circumstance; or some abstract theory of one's ability to function and think clearly when faced with a given situation.

The cartoon would have to move through many windows of depiction, with the all important word bubbles for comments.

Regards,
    Catch
  • edited October 2011
    German finance minster says no definitive solution at 10/23 EU Summit.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/17/markets-forex-idUSL5E7LH16L20111017

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Rumors, then zip. It's "Peanuts" finance, with Peppermint Patty continually pulling away the football at the last minute.

"You have eight days to come up with a solution and less than a day to say that there will be no solution in eight days."
  • I think 8 days to find the solution is very unrealistic. They can continue to take steps towards a solution or a set of solutions but these artificial deadlines in a complex subject involving 17 nations is very unrealistic.
  • edited October 2011
    Reply to @Investor: So do I, but this is a market where we have heard countless times that "there's a plan", "China is going to bail out Europe" - then it's "China doesn't know anything about bailing out Europe."

Just BS rumor after BS rumor designed to ramp the market until the market finally realizes these people have little clue as to how to kick the can again. Greece is going to default. There's really no way around that, despite how many people continually scramble to pretend otherwise - or pretend that there's ever going to be a real fix for Europe.

They can continue to argue with the math all they like - it is what it is. Extend and pretend, extend and pretend and the cost of doing so (whether in Europe or elsewhere) just keeps ramping higher.

Meanwhile, the whole thing of pulling the football constantly erodes their credibility even further.