Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

American Century Equity Income Fund reopens

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/908186/000143774914012033/accp20140619_497.htm

American Century Capital Portfolios, Inc.

Summary Prospectus and

Prospectus Supplement

Equity Income Fund

Supplement dated July 1, 2014 ■ Summary Prospectus and Prospectus dated July 26, 2013

As of August 1, 2014, the fund will be open to all investors.

The following changes are effective August 1, 2014:

The first paragraph under Purchase and Sale of Fund Shares on page 4 of the summary prospectus and page 5 of the prospectus is deleted.

The section entitled Closed Fund Policies on page 17 of the prospectus is deleted.

Comments

• Hmm...WTF fore? It closed for a reason, and that reason could not have changed in a bull market. I smell an American rat stinking up this century, someone thinks this a cash cow. I have this fund in a 401k and own some of it instead of all S&P 500 index, but I think I'm going to fix that at first opportunity.
  • This was a good fund in the 90's and I owned it. But AC started to use it in their fund of funds collections and I got out shortly after they closed it. I agree with VintageFreak on this one. Why?

As a long term American Century investor, I would take a hard long look before getting into this fund. There are better choices.