Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Nasdaq Getting Closer And Closer

FYI: After a bubble-fueled rally of 138% from the start of 1999 to March 2000, the Nasdaq Composite proceeded to fall 79% from a high of 5,132 on 3/10/00 to a low of 1,108 on October 10th, 2002.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bespokeinvest.com/thinkbig/2014/7/3/nasdaq-getting-closer-and-closer.html?printerFriendly=true

Comments

• Related Story and Chart:
    Alarming Sign in NDX Stocks’ Drawdown
    "The Nasdaq 100 Index is making new multi-year highs, levels not seen since the weeks just after the 2000 Internet Bubble top. But it is interesting for us to see that the average component stock in that index is down 7% from its trailing 52-week high."
    mcoscillator.com/learning_center/weekly_chart/alarming_sign_in_ndx_stocks_drawdown/

I am getting exposure to the sector using USNQX

Thanks for the post Ted.
  • bee said:

Thanks for the post Ted.

I am getting exposure using QQQ
    Thanks for posting Ted and bee

• bee said:

I use USNQX also.
  • @bee, this is as good a time as any to "try out" the information you shared about how to embed something using Jing. If the graphic image appears, then "it worked"!

@bee/@TheShadow: looks like QQQ has a sig. lower expense ratio than USNQX, 0.20% for QQQ and 0.64% for USNQX. I take it this is the primary reason that QQQ has slightly outperformed USNQX. Below are the performance figures from M*, using screenshots from Jing, which by the way is an awesome free tool to have!

• worked great, thanks bee