Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Dow Jones 17,083.80 -0.02%
    Nasdaq 4,472.11 -0.04%
    AMZN
    358.61 +0.47 (0.13%)
    After Hours: 320.52 -38.09 (-10.62%)
    Scott
    I took your advice earlier in the year with the purchase of Chambers St Prop (CSG) a monthly payer with 9.6% of properties leased to Amazon.com.and a 6.24 yield at today's close of $8.08
    Also: Visa Inc (V) 222.74
    +1.54 (0.70%)
    After Hours: 216.00 -6.74 (-3.03%)
    Visa Inc, the world's largest credit and debit card company, cut its revenue forecast for the year, as growth in cross-border transactions slowed amid a strengthening of the U.S. dollar.

The company's shares were down 2.9 percent at $214.75 in extended trading. Visa, which gets about 60 percent of its total transaction volume from outside the United States, cut its full-year revenue growth forecast to 9-10 percent from 10-11 percent.

International transaction revenue rose less than 1 percent to $854 million in the latest quarter.

Wedbush Securities Inc analyst Gil Luria said Visa's international transaction revenues was growing at the lowest rate since the financial crisis.

"Service revenue and processing revenue growth was adequate. It's more the international revenue, the cross border transaction, that took a step down this quarter," Luria said.The U.S. dollar held near eight–month highs against the euro on Wednesday as worries over tougher sanctions on Russia and their potential impact on fragile euro zone growth weighed on the single currency.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/24/us-visa-results-idUSKBN0FT2NY20140724
  • Chambers remains a smaller part of my income portfolio. I continue to like its assets and moderate overseas exposure.

Visa is one of my largest (and favorite) holdings and I'm a little disappointed at the reaction to what I thought was a good quarter overall. I'm not going to add to V now - I added a few months ago during the year low. However, adding to Mastercard is a maybe. The credit card stocks for me are really the easiest long-term holdings (I also own Amex and have thought about Capital One pfd shares.)