Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

5 Top Mutual Funds To Own From Janus Funds

FYI: Janus Funds – which just reported second-quarter earnings[1] this week — is one of the biggest mutual fund families in the U.S. with $174 billion in assets under management at the end of 2013 … and you don’t acquire that much of a following without offering some of the top mutual funds on the market.
Regards,
Ted
http://investorplace.com/2014/07/5-top-mutual-funds-janus-funds/print

Comments

• Incredible that this article does not mention the really superlative JABAX, which since M Pinto took over 9y ago has outperformed in downside protection (the reason you get into these funds in the first place), and otherwise handily matched, FPACX, MAPOX, PRWCX, DODBX and all others similar except for ICMBX. Amazing managed fund.
  • I'm surprised they listed Triton and Venture which have both been having sub-par years. A few years ago, Triton (JATTX) was one of my largest holdings. I sold it last summer when Brian Schaub and Chad Meade left Janus to work at a hedge fund. Schaub and Meade also ran Venture.
  • Jpvdx. Imho their best fund
    Btw why is their alternative strategies fund a best fund? It does not have much of a recordand even that is not that good. Manager do own their fund thiugh which is god to see.