Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Biggest Exporters To Russia

FYI: European leaders are in the process of instituting beefed up sanctions against Russia. Although these sanctions will most likely only be targeted to certain sectors like defense and banking, investors have increasingly been focusing on what countries are the most exposed to Russia in terms of total exports to that country. While we are (hopefully) far from the point where the international community feels the need to sever all trade ties with Russia, any ratcheting up of sanctions will have a proportionate impact on countries which export the most to Russia.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bespokeinvest.com/thinkbig/2014/7/29/biggest-exporters-to-russia.html?printerFriendly=true

Comments

• Hi Ted,

Europe and China need and will continue to buy Russian energy resources, so I seriously doubt that any sanctions will bring down the Russian economy. With single digit current and projected PE ratios, I continue to be bullish on Russia as a long-term investment. In fact today I added to our RSX position. Here is a great article with periodic updates: "Global Stock Market Valuations and Expected Future Returns."

I continue to appreciate all of your past and ongoing efforts at FA and MFO. You are a treasure to common investors like myself.

Kevin