Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

3 Best Mutual Funds for Junk Bonds

FYI: Is now a good time to invest in junk bonds? If so, who has the best junk ? Will we find it in corporations, municipalities or overseas ?
Regards,
Ted
http://investorplace.com/2014/07/best-mutual-funds-junk-bonds/print

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Ya, well; lots of decent choices....besides the ones listed.

One chart compare

Note: right click onto the "200 day" slider icon near the bottom, right of the chart and select "All" for a long time frame.

Take care,
    Catch

• edited July 2014
    Maybe Price's PRHYX is really the best. At least they were smart enough to close it to new investors two years ago.

These types of questions bug me. Best fund? Best wine? Best vacation spot? Best spouse? All depends on situation, risk tolerance, and time horizon. For some there may not even be a best junk fund. They'd be better off in a low cost hybrid that varies exposure to junk and other assets.

Article mentions some great funds. However, there's no guarantee either manager or current attractive fee structure will still be there five years from now. And when you hype a fund like this $$ pours in (unless they've already closed it). Resultant flood of $$ (bloat) creates problems not all managers deal with effectively.

Junk article? No. Not quite. However from many posts I'm beginning to suspect there must be a robo-writer out there (maybe gifted by Steve Jobs). Punch in 10 minutes worth of data and head for the links (not Ted's). Robo-writer finishes off the article pulling catchy lines from a stored bank of time worn cliches as necessary and publishes. Regards

• I'll be dammed if I know, so I own several sectors, probably emerging markets TGEIX and one plain junk bond fund FEHIX.