Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Well, hank; reset the limbo T bar, eh???

edited November 2011 in Off-Topic
Hi hank,

We've chatted about this before; but should the new forecast be for a 1.55% yield on the 10 yr Treasury and perhaps a 2.55% on the 30 year? "How low can you go?", as the song goes...............
'Course, such rates in the current environment would be indicators of more serious problems.

Our portfolio is fairly well protected; but the old pontoon boat is taking in water at the equity/HY float, and we don't like the resulting tilt, as this makes walking on the deck a bit dangerous.

May do some more "throwing overboard" today.....just don't have a clear view of the "Greek" thing.

What a butt kicker of a circumstance.

Take care, up your way.

Catch

Comments

• hey catch...what a bad day so far...
    anything you have on your radar you are wantin' to add/buy or get rid off?
    was thinkin' of getting HTS but this stock got hammered... oh well
    thanks...
  • edited November 2011
    WT#?%#! happened? Week ago it was blue skys and smooth sailing. Was just preparing to send Andrea Merkel a bouquet. To be honest, pullback is in order after October's runnup. And, ya can't convince me 1 or 2% is any kind of decent return on investment. More after I get up off the floor here.

Quote of the day (from some unknown flick) "These Greeks are tough."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2011
    Yep, what I read tonight, Popendraus felt he had to call the referendum to stem the rising civil unrest - kind of a "Hail Mary" - and still hoped the people would go along at the polls after things quieted down. Prevailing view now is he won't be in office much longer as under their system he can be pushed out by the legislators, who are very unhappy with him.