Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Name the fund - Mountains !!!

edited August 2014 in Off-Topic
Been a while. Accidently saw this. What is most intriguing is that perf chart looks like drawing 4 year old will draw. It has Mountains. Sun between mountains and some small "r"s for birds above are missing.

Comments

• You've been drinking to much Mountain Dew
  • something in emerging markets?
  • Ted said:

You've been drinking to much Mountain Dew

Better than drinking coolaid.
  • jlev said:

something in emerging markets?

No actually, and unless I'm mistaken this fund was discussed on FA and MFO. Chart is for 10 years.
  • Looks a lot like BIRMX.
  • Well, at first I saw the London Bridge on the Thames, but now that I've had a couple Dews, yeah, I'm seeing the mountains VF is seeing.

My guess is its the perf chart for the Ushba Pinnacle Retirement Fund, named after Mt. Ushba, the most beautiful and dangerous peak in the Caucasus Mtns. One of the rare twin-peaked mountains I know to have each peak almost symmetrical to the other (both are higher than any mtn in the continental US), with a deep cleft between, only experienced mountaineers attempt the ascent and yet many of them fall to their doom every season. The meaning of the name is unclear, dating back to at least 400 B.C., pre-Jason & the Argonauts, not even by the Sventavi folks living in the high foothills on the Georgian side (who speak a dialect fellow Georgians living less than 100 km away don't understand .... anymore than they understand this fund's performance).

I have a pic of Ushba Peak but saved it as a jpg, not the original url. So you'll have to take my word for it. Or.... follow this guy up North Ushba and see for yourself:

@VintageFreak Dare to dweam, VF, dare to dweam.
  • chrisw said:

Looks a lot like BIRMX.

You got it. No real mountains to ski on near the Oasis...
  • heezsafe said:

Well, at first I saw the London Bridge on the Thames, but now that I've had a couple Dews, yeah, I'm seeing the mountains VF is seeing.

My guess is its the perf chart for the Ushba Pinnacle Retirement Fund, named after Mt. Ushba, the most beautiful and dangerous peak in the Caucasus Mtns. One of the rare twin-peaked mountains I know to have each peak almost symmetrical to the other (both are higher than any mtn in the continental US), with a deep cleft between, only experienced mountaineers attempt the ascent and yet many of them fall to their doom every season. The meaning of the name is unclear, dating back to at least 400 B.C., pre-Jason & the Argonauts, not even by the Sventavi folks living in the high foothills on the Georgian side (who speak a dialect fellow Georgians living less than 100 km away don't understand .... anymore than they understand this fund's performance).

I have a pic of Ushba Peak but saved it as a jpg, not the original url. So you'll have to take my word for it. Or.... follow this guy up North Ushba and see for yourself:

@VintageFreak Dare to dweam, VF, dare to dweam.

I'm sorry, but I hope those to fall to their death trying do not leave and dear one's behind. Spirit of adventure is one thing, this is another. There is difference between Wright brothers trying to fly a plane and someone jumping off a building.