Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Market Commentary by Liz Ann Sonders.

Ms. Sonders discusses whether the market is ready for a breather and what actions if any can be taken.

http://perspective.schwab.com/mobile/article/7988/Back-in-the-Saddle-Again-Time-to-Pull-in-the-Reins

Comments

• edited September 2014
    John,

Thanks for posting.

Most of the time I enjoy reading Ms. Sonders' market blurbs. Not so sure about this one though ... I feel as though she might be making a pitch for Windhaven and I also did not take much away form her "Ben Franklin" analysis (pros & cons) on the market and the economy. Perhaps, it was just me not understanding the thrust of her message. Or, perhaps I did. Throw a fancy dancy analysis out ... and, let investors derive their own conclusion. Q: So what was her message? A: Not sure.

In comparison, here is Raymond James' Jeff Saut's take ... Now, I understand what Saut is saying ... How about you?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/throw-market-history-out-the-window-when-trading-this-september-122003767.html

Old_Skeet
  • While I admit being put off by the Windhaven plug (perhaps some of it a necessary disclosure), the rest of her commentary was quite succinct and consistent with her 2014 views made previously. Translation: We are in a secular bull market, but understand that a correction is overdue and could occur at any time. Leading indicators would support this theory. Her cautiously-optimistic outlook has been pretty good. Saut says pretty much the same thing. The guy doing the interview was terrible and spoke more than Mr. Saut did.
  • Thank you BobC,

My brain just would not tune to the same wave lenght today that Ms. Sonders was broadcasting on. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Old_Skeet
  • The Windhaven spiel at the start may have been a distraction for the rest of the article. Four paragraphs at the beginning was too much.