Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BERIX or FPACX?

edited November 2011 in Fund Discussions
I note that FPACX is holding some "shorts." Not BERIX. FP is "Mod. Allocation," BERIX is "Conserv." I'd almost forgotten about them both. BERIX just reopened recently.

Comments

• FPACX does usually hold some short positions as a balance/hedge, given its mandate. BERIX cannot short.
  • ...And after double-checking, BERIX is still CLOSED, as per the "Limited" assignation on the BERIX fund's "Quote" page at Morningstar?
  • Per the Berwyn Funds website, Berwyn Income Fund reopened September 19, 2011.
    FPACX and BERIX have different mandates. Of income funds, the performance of Vanguard's Intermediate Bond Fund VBIIX is close to that of BERIX (or was 2 weeks ago, when I ran a comparison using M* tools) through 5 years.