Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited September 2014
    anyone going short or thinking bailin' out of stocks?
  • edited September 2014
    Hi John,

Thanks for posting the weekly newsletter.

I decided not to post this for a while as it was not drawing the number of views that I felt something like this should draw. Currently this has already drawn 27 views, as I post, and is more than some of my more recent postings in which, in one, it only drew 10 views. Perhaps it was viewers seeing it under my handle and stayed away or perhaps they were looking for something new. Or, perhaps many had bookmarked it for reading on their own or had signed up to receive it by email subscription. In any event not sure why the views were down under my handle. However, I still read and enjoy it very much and find it contains good information. I like to see what's moving within its styles, sector and global edge charts plus Mr. Rowland's commentary is good reading.

Please carry on.

Old_Skeet
  • edited September 2014
    Old_Skeet said:

Perhaps it was viewers seeing it under my handle and stayed away or perhaps they were looking for something new. Or, perhaps many had bookmarked it for reading on their own or had signed up to receive it by email subscription

Good morning Skeet.

You're being a bit hard on yourself. In this case, it appeared John might be airing a personal investment issue and likely many wondered if they might help. Turned out to the the title of a newsletter column. This happens a lot. No problem. Everybody here likes to help out other members and that's the reason I think it generated more "clicks." Columns are fine, When folks add to them their own individual analysis (as you do) it makes them even better.
    ---

As I recall, in earlier days at Fund Alarm folks would often add "LIP" to their thread title, signifying "Link in Post". So, someone would know when they clicked on it that a link was contained.

Another common abbreviation back than was "NTIP", signifying "No Text in Post". This informed the reader that the post consisted entirely of a link. Since David now requires some commentary from a poster in addition to a link, "NTIP" would be outdated.

• The title of the thread threw me off as well but not in a bad way so to speak. I like reading Rowland's commentary.

As for the required commentary, most of it is just copy and paste from the leading paragraph of the link. Not much effort there.