Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The 'Smart Money' Says Buy Stocks, But Not Till November

FYI: I like Market Senario #3:
This middle scenario at 13.6%, so by Worth’s experience the least likely, suggests the market zig zags higher from current levels.
The S&P 500 rises to a new high of around 2050, or about 2.8% above current levels, by the end of the month. Then after some range trading in October, the index rallies to about 2100 in November before dipping to about 2075 in mid December. The index then powers higher the last two weeks of the month to end the year around 2150, for a yearly gain of 16%.

Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-smart-money-says-buy-stocks-but-not-till-november-2014-09-16/print

Comments

• The way I look at it, if this guy with his crystal ball (I'm being kind) was not getting paid, then unemployment would be higher. So I guess for the greater good of society I should do some charity and click on that link. However, I guess because I'm an SOB, I will not do that.