Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Central Banks Catch Gold Fever......LIP

edited November 2011 in Off-Topic
Morn'in Coffee,

I write this with a grin upon my face...."one might suspect that the Central banks are not buying the pretty yellow metal to later process into "bling" jewelry, eh?"
Well, you may judge for yourself as to the real value of gold and what it does or does not mean regarding anything and everything in the market place

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45335415

Hey, take care of yourselves,
Catch

Comments

• Hi Mark,

This highlights the real price of gold around the world. We're looking at a POG stated in terms of dollars and it's been flat, soft or down. However, in terms of every other currency on the planet, it's been only UP. This is because there are some using the dollar as a safe haven from the problems in Europe. I think it's probably split due to US investors pulling dollars from European plays AND Europeans buying dollars as a haven.

That said, the nut is that the POG is still golden and the 200 day is still holding.

peace,

rono

• Hi rono,

I suggested to, through a friend a couple months back, who in turn directed his friend to Liberty; as the his friend was considering selling about $4,000 face value of 90% silver he had been gathering for years. This thread reminded me to check as to whether he sold or not. I recall silver at around $36 at the time.
    I have not checked for some time; but do you know whether the Treasury has had any "halts" in gold coin sales this past year?
    I recall a few sales halts in 2008,09 and perhaps 2010, too.

I will ask, but of course; you may choose to decline. What is your house's total exposure % in the equity sector these days?

Take care of yourselves,

Mark