Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Billions Fly Out The Door At Pimco

FYI: Pacific Investment Management Co. suffered roughly $10 billion of withdrawals following the Friday departure of co-founder Bill Gross, a person familiar with the matter said, a sign of how quickly Mr. Gross’s surprise move is reshaping the bond-investing landscape.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/billions-fly-out-the-door-at-pimco-2014-09-29/print

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I'm trying to access 401k site and getting network errors. I think a lot of people are going to pull PTTRX down in their 401ks. It is a staple in most 401ks. The website must be overwhelmed.

I think people have let things settle in and decided, PTTRX is not a sure thing any more.
  • Some reports are putting up a total figure of $200 billion that could leave Pimco.