Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

October is up

Seven reflections on Grossfest (on whole, I prefer Oktoberfest)
Charles's extended reflections on Chicago and the Morningstar ETF conference
Profiles of
  • Janus Unconstrained Global Bond
  • Miller Income Opportunity
  • Meridian Small Cap Growth
  • Sarofim Equity
An Elevator Talk with Justin Frankel of RiverPark Structural Alpha
A Launch Alert on T. Rowe Price International Concentrated Equity
And miscellaneous mumbling.

Thought you'd like to know.

Off to teach!

David

Comments

• Thank you David, Charles and all those who contributed to another enjoyable read. One question related to your comment that "Speaking of insight into hedge funds, subscribers joining his The Idea Farm after 31 December will pay a much elevated $499 annually". I wasn't sure if you were suggesting that someone who subscribes by the end of the year never pays the increased price or whether it was just that subscribing before year-end gets you the first year at a lower rate. I checked the website and there wasn't anything to suggest the subscription rate is fixed once you subscribe but thought I'd ask if you know. Thanks!
  • Hi LLJB.

Yep. I believe current and new subscribers before 1 Jan will get current rate forever. Those subscribing from 1 Jan and after will pay higher price.

That's what I thought Meb told me at the conference...and, here is a post confirming:

http://mebfaber.com/2014/09/17/the-best-investment-newsletter-out-there/