Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jobs Report Spurring the Markets.

edited October 2014 in Fund Discussions
Just saw the latest report and how the markets reacted. Maybe we can finish the week on a up note?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-03/jobless-rate-in-u-s-falls-to-5-9-in-september-payrolls-jump.html

Comments

• I think with a lot of downside recently the market needed some good news and this was it. The S&P held support the last few days and if today stays strong there will at least be a little breathing room. I still have money to invest so I'm not sure I hope for a full resumption of prices going up yet but I was very happy the S&P didn't break support. Unfortunately the Nasdaq, the Russell 2000, the Nikkei, the DAX and others did so I think we still have to be careful. Interestingly I read something recently, I think in a discussion here although I can't remember which one, where JP Morgan suggested they're allocating more to US large caps, which aligns well with the S&P staying in an up trend while many others have been broken.