Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bill Gross's Farewell Lettet To Pimco

FYI: Bill Gross, founder of Pimco, and its chief investment officer for the past 40 or so years, resigned last week. Rumor has it that he was but two steps ahead of a mutinous gang, swords out, planning to make him walk the plank. Gross was too quick and before the mutineers could force him, he jumped ship -- and landed at Janus Capital. There, we surmise, he was given a slug of equity and a free hand to run a smaller, more nimble fund.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-10-03/bill-gross-s-investor-outlook-on-palace-coups

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Is this for real?

If so, how do we know he wanted to send it?
  • Hmmm, I think this was the author's "vision" for what a goodbye letter would have looked like if BG had written one or if it had been made public. I was trying to figure out whether the author was making fun of Gross or defending him. Maybe both.

But if Gross had actually written something like this, I imagine he's the kind of guy who sent every email he spent the time to write.
  • I don't think it's real. It would have been easier to leave a recording of this:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/theyre-coming-to-take-me-away-lyrics-lard.html
  • edited October 2014
    I hope it's for real. Love it!

(Now, tell em what you really think Bill.):)
  • Guys, first that article is claiming it is the REAL letter. Second if it is wasnt then we have to accept this is financial pron, if not pure fiction. Something we already know in our hearts and minds about the financial press, but keep clicking links making them money.

As a society, it is incumbent upon all of us to make sure our dollars dont fund the wrong kind of business. This is not about freedom of expression. Lets not make MFO a marketing avenue for ad revenue. Wish there was some way to link otherwise.