Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Robots or Software will Take Over 1 in 3 Jobs by 2025.

Comments

• Well, if all people want to do is Facebook and Angry birds, we shouldn't be surprised. I told a group of kids the other day you have two problems. One is you are taking the flaws from my generation - not understanding the difference between "can" and "should" - and compounding it with your own flaw - not understanding the difference between "want" and "need". You better a find a job related to something everyone needs, so you can afford to buy what you want.
  • You hit the nail on the head VF. As my nephews and nieces headed into college they were wondering what they wanted to do in life. One nephew picked a major we didn't see coming. Aerospace engineering. I think he has a bright future ahead.
  • @VintageFreak, Thanks for linking that. I don't know if he will go into finance but that shows the value of just having a college degree. Last time I talked to him, he was with a team working on drone technology for the USAF.