Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard's $3 Trillion Man

FYI: Vanguard Group’s chief executive, F. William McNabb III, runs the largest mutual-fund company in the U.S.—just how large was highlighted last month, when the firm said it had surpassed $3 trillion in assets under management.
Regards,
Ted
http://online.wsj.com/articles/how-vanguard-hit-3-trillion-1412539983

Comments

• They hold all my investments, charge me peanuts, and when I need help(service) I get it..
    hope they hit $6,000,000,000,000 (enough 0$?)
  • @Tampabay: So you subscribe to the all in one basket theory ? Their a great low cost fund firm, but in my opinion never put all of your eggs in one basket.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ted said:

@Tampabay: So you subscribe to the all in one basket theory ? Their a great low cost fund firm, but in my opinion never put all of your eggs in one basket.
    Regards,
    Ted

This would make a good topic on MFO.
    How many brokerages should one have accounts with, in order to not, as Ted says, "put all of your eggs in one basket"? And what are the issues?
  • Moment of truth ! I hold 4. Vanguard, Schwab, New York Life, & Johnson bank. By the time I hit 70 1/2 I'll probably have two.
    Two of the four, 401-k,s have bookkeeping fees. These will be the 2 that get rolled over first. 19 or 20 funds here or there.

Good investing, Derf
  • i hold severals: schwab, edward jones, zions direct, boa-merrill, sogotrade, had janus but sold the funds there 3 months ago...
  • Ted, you miss the point (as usual).... with Vanguard you can buy their funds, any stock in the market ($7.00 fee) any other fund (worth buying), any ETF, any bond fund, and they will keep all in one portfolio for you....and any Tax, or record keeping information you need, you get, , last I checked it cost me 0.36% (peanuts)
    IF that's ONE BASKET..Thank You Vanguard , there always a reason for #1....