Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

OAKGX, OAKEX to slow inflows

The Oakmark Global and International Small Cap Funds will close to new investors at most third-party intermediaries effective as of close of business 10/10/14
http://www.oakmark.com/News/News-and-Insights-Placeholder/Oakmark-Global-and-International-Small-Cap-Funds-to-Slow-Inflows.htm

I am not doing the links right tonight. It's on Oakmark's top page, under News and Insights.

Comments

• The link seems to work for me.

No different from OAKIX (except the timing): "Effective October 4, 2013 the Fund closed to new investors at most third-party intermediaries. The Fund remains open to retirement plans, most investment advisors with existing positions, and any new and existing investors who purchase shares directly from Oakmark."

The funds will remain open to all new investors, just not through all channels (supermarkets). Nevertheless, expect M* to report the funds as "Closed to New Investors", as it does now for OAKIX.
  • edited October 2014
    hah! I redeemed my OAKEX shares last week in IRA. Maybe I can buy a little and keep...NOT!