Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Abhay Deshpande resigns from First Eagle Funds

edited October 2014 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/906352/000093041314004302/c78933_497.htm

497 1 c78933_497.htm

FIRST EAGLE FUNDS

First Eagle Global Fund
First Eagle Overseas Fund
First Eagle U.S. Value Fund

1345 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS

NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10105

(800) 334-2143

SUPPLEMENT DATED OCTOBER 9, 2014

TO PROSPECTUS DATED MARCH 1, 2014

This Supplement is intended to highlight certain changes to the Prospectus dated March 1, 2014. Please review these matters carefully.

Matthew McLennan and Kimball Brooker, Jr. are the Portfolio Managers for First Eagle Global Fund and First Eagle Overseas Fund, and Matthew McLennan, Kimball Brooker, Jr. and Matthew Lamphier are the Portfolio Managers for First Eagle U.S. Value Fund.

Mr. Abhay Deshpande has resigned from his portfolio management positions with First Eagle Investment Management, LLC and the First Eagle Funds. Please disregard any references in this Prospectus to Mr. Deshpande.

The information in this Supplement modifies the First Eagle Funds’ Prospectus dated March 1, 2014. In particular, and without limitation, the information contained in this Supplement modifies (and if inconsistent, replaces) information contained in the inside front cover and in that section of the Prospectus entitled “The Adviser”.

Comments

• Thanks for posting this. If anyone comes across additional information, please post. This is pretty significant information for this fund.
  • As a recent shareholder of FEBAX I'm concerned as well. While he is not manager on my fund, I understand he is an old hand.

Also worry when managers leave funds when market seems topping off.