Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bill Gross's First 'Investment Outlook' For Janus

FYI: Dancing, or better yet as the beginning of my Investment Outlook suggests, being asked to dance, seems to have become an important part of my life over the past month or so.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.janus.com/Bill-Gross-Investment-Outlook

Comments

• Why anyone would listen to Bill Gross now must be nuts. Either he is ill or partaking of something on the side.
  • edited October 2014
    Caught this on NBR last night. Umm ... Anybody know what Gross' track record on predicting the stock market is? I thought he was more of a bond guy.

What did he say? Equities will gain 5-7% a year going forward the next few years? Let's hope.

How does this man manage to stay in the spotlight? Maybe if we'd all stop talking about him he'd fade away like other stage legends of the past. :)

Pogo: We have met the enemy ...
  • I was just over at the Pimco site earlier this evening. There are so many funds there that could be pruned out of their stable of funds. Too much money I guess

Btw. I'm having troubles on this site just like before the last crash. Anyone else having issues? Freezing,
  • I'm afraid I'll have to withhold any commitment to his global macro strategies, until I learn more about the mental and physical well being of his pets, and what they think about the current situation (which he all-too conveniently omitted from his first Janus commentary).
  • I was just over at the Pimco site earlier this evening. There are so many funds there that could be pruned out of their stable of funds. Too much money I guess

Yeah, way too many funds. I was looking at David's October commentary. Gross was responsible for 35 different funds. But one of those funds has multiple versions, e.g., "37 iterations of PIMCO GIS Unconstrained Bond". Not just blaming Pimco here.

"According to the last count there are more than 10,000 mutual funds in North America! That means there are more mutual funds than stocks."

investopedia.com/university/mutualfunds/mutualfunds1.asp