Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jason Zweig: How Scared Should Investors Be ?

FYI: On Wall Street, as in life, the biggest surprise is often that anyone is surprised by the inevitable.
This week’s market turbulence, in which the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 273 points, regained 275, then lost 335, is long overdue and should be utterly unsurprising.
Regards,
Ted
http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/2014/10/10/how-scared-should-investors-be/tab/print/?mg=blogs-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.wsj.com%2Ftotalreturn%2F2014%2F10%2F10%2Fhow-scared-should-investors-be%2Ftab%2Fprint&fpid=2,121

Comments

• You know that when an article leads with a picture of Prof Shiller, bulls better take cover =).
  • edited October 2014
    I liked it, right up until...
    None of this means there’s nothing to worry about, however.
    The article went down hill from there.
  • Lacking Prof Shiller's TIAA-CREF account for my old age, I passed on the Spain and Italy funds, already hold Vanguard Health, but did put in a limit order for VIS, albeit at 86. YNCT (you never can tell)
  • edited October 2014
    Please tell me some of these "leads" are generated automatically by a computer App limited to no more than a 50 word vocabulary. Either that, or these writers hand their finished work off to their teen-aged kids to supply the caption.
  • This is a very poor article indeed.

Someone tell me, what does Jason Zweig have to do with this article?
  • "Scared"??? there's no crying in baseball, "scared" is for car accidents, NOT INVESTING,
    IF ANYTHING makes you scared in "INVESTING" buy CDs
  • edited October 2014
    Hi Tampabay,

Over the years I have held a good bit of my investment cash, time deposits, in CD's.

Old_Skeet