Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Lipper indexes U.S., week ending, October 10, 2014

Comments

• Thanks @catch22.

I am interested in the strength of GNMA funds as of late. Considering the likelihood of rate increases they have held their own.
  • Hi @JohnChisum,

GNMA has done well this year. I suggest that the most recent 3 week or so upward move, in particular; is related to monies moving into investment grade bond related areas.

A note regarding this sector, bond's; and perhaps some equity related areas is to review a chart of price actions (ticker(s) of your choice) from the period of May through Sept. of 2013. This is a reaction period after the chit-chat, err suggestion that interest rates would be moving up. We may or may not see this action again; but charting this area provides some insight into reactions of such thinking.

As things stand right now, well; what a coin toss for some. Investment money is still cheap (rates) and may become cheaper if too many folks continue to run from riskier assets and buy more I.G. bonds. The markets form of imposed QE.

The theoretcial "catch22" is, what will the auto-pilot algo machines do with the market swings and which sectors?

Take care,
    Catch

• TedTed
    edited October 2014
    @catch22: The is no need to link Lipper Indexes on a daily bases, once a week as I have done for years is enough.
  • edited October 2014
    First time I have linked this particular list. The last Lipper related link I see is for last Thursday, not for the full business week; which for last week is especially interesting, eh? Oh, well.
  • @catch22: Will call you don't call us !
  • edited October 2014
    Morn'in @Ted
    Keep your heart rate down...tis not worth your health with this small item that will disappear into the MFO dust bin very soon.
    Take care,
    Catch
  • @catch22,

Any thread that spurs conversation even with two people is a good thread. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the GNMA funds.

Yep it's not worth aggravating one's health for a minor issue.