Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: The Easy-Money Stock Market Is Over

FYI: The change in tone in the equity markets is unmistakable: There is a palpable tension that leads some money managers to shoot first and ask questions later. The net result of that anxiety can be seen in the flood of new money into U.S Treasuries, which ever so briefly drove the yield on the 10 year to less than 2 percent yesterday.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-10-16/the-easy-money-stock-market-is-over

Comments

• Ritholtz knows what he's talking about, generally. And this is part of what he has to say:
    "Has this cyclical rally run its course, and we are now reverting to the bear market that started in 2000? Or, are we merely looking at pause following a hot year within a longer bull market? We won’t know the answer until afterward, but I have been moving toward the secular bull-market camp. But that’s a 10- to 15-year timeline, and the day to day or even week to week is meaningless to these investors.
  • edited October 2014
    Hmmm.

Think I'm in Dr. David Kelly's (JP Morgan) camp on this...

It's never easy.
  • edited October 2014
    Honestly, do you know how long it's been since equities have been worth their volatility?

A lot longer than most financial writers and talking heads choose to recognize.

Drives me crazy.