Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Schwab Signs M* To Provide Equity Research, Ratings

FYI: (This is a follow-up article)
Deal will give advisers access to sector reports and pick lists, as well as daily, weekly and quarterly outlook reports.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20141023/FREE/141029954?template=printart

Comments

• Interesting.

This mean I can drop my subscription to M* Premium?

Wonder if this also means M* becomes more or less dependent.

So, will Schwab funds and EtFs now get more analyst coverage? Be considered for more metals?

Will Schwab cut its own analyst staff? Basically out-source this function.

Perhaps this may mean M* analysts will get more pay and stature in industry. Maybe more motivation to stay.

c
  • Probably it means that Schwab will drop one of the other outside analysts (S&P, Argus, or CS) that it is currently paying for.

A while back, before I got my mother to leave Merrill Lynch, ML was giving her access to M*'s reports as one of their outside analysts required by law, so this is nothing new for M*.
  • Charles said:

Interesting.

This mean I can drop my subscription to M* Premium?

Wonder if this also means M* becomes more or less dependent.

So, will Schwab funds and EtFs now get more analyst coverage? Be considered for more metals?

Will Schwab cut its own analyst staff? Basically out-source this function.

Perhaps this may mean M* analysts will get more pay and stature in industry. Maybe more motivation to stay.

c

I am reading M* research available to advisors only...