Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

@Ted - KKR & Co LP

edited October 2014 in Off-Topic
Up big Friday and nearly 10% for week...still off though about 1% YTD...yield remains amazing.

Comments

• @Charles: This is a screaming buy at it's present price of $22.50 a share plus a very nice dividend of 12%+. My year end target for KKR is $26.00.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Sir. I have been thinking same thing. Been watching it off and on since you mentioned it last March. Will let you know if/when I pull trigger. Thanks man, c
  • tempting

but aren't they controlling owners in "defense" infrastructure companies, that subcontract (1) to build things like military bases (Afghanistan and Iraq) that Pentagon's IG noted were bloated grants that should not be accepted, even on a no-bid basis, but some Congress Defense Committee critter calls a "friend" who sends it thru anyway (with full knowledge the base will be torn down 6 mo. after it is built), and (2) to construct shower facilities (Iraq), with inspection waved, that electrocuted soldiers while bathing? And like that....
  • edited October 2014
    heezsafe said:

tempting

but aren't they controlling owners in "defense" infrastructure companies, that subcontract (1) to build things like military bases (Afghanistan and Iraq) that Pentagon's IG noted were bloated grants that should not be accepted, even on a no-bid basis, but some Congress Defense Committee critter calls a "friend" who sends it thru anyway (with full knowledge the base will be torn down 6 mo. after it is built), and (2) to construct shower facilities (Iraq), with inspection waved, that electrocuted soldiers while bathing? And like that....

I'm not familiar with the details/history at all, but I believe you may be thinking of Carlyle Group, which is a private equity co with a history in defense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Carlyle_Group#History