Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bloomberg IPad App is awesome

edited December 2011 in Off-Topic
No doubt some of you already use it. Downloaded it (free at ITunes) after the Yahoo folk in effort to improve site forgot to post the 3 major indexes. Anyhow, if you have IPAD by all means check out it out. When you hit "markets", about 40 world stock markets pop right up and easy to scroll with IPad. Seem to update every few minutes. Currencies and commodities too.

Comments

• Hey hank,

Now there you go.....................you're gonna get over stimulated. Shut that monitor down/off.

'Course, I note this to you with a very large smile upon my face.

Get that data and make good use of same.............

Take care of yourselves up there and presume the snowblower is ready to go, eh?

Catch
  • edited December 2011
    Reply to @catch22: Funny you should mention "over-stimulation" as not 10 minutes ago a fancy new coffee maker from Amazon (MFO link of course) was dropped off at our door step. Yep, the blower is primed and ready.
  • Hey hank,

Still using an older Mr. Coffee type.........but, caffine is caffine, eh?

Your note about the app for Ipad, and I know they having been pushing this on Bloomberg; continues to remind me of the enormous changes in technology, of which; is my area of work.
    I recall tech work for a contractor 1971, out in the very middle of nowhere land; and that I had become a good friend of the director of the satellite facility. He would arrange/schedule on Saturdays my use of the satellite phone link so that I could call my family and/or friends. This was in the period of non-stationary satellities and my talk time window was about 16 minutes long. A few minutes of time was gone at the start with having to link through 3 phone operators at 3 different locations in the U.S. But, still a most amazing event in 1971 for global communications.
    My oh my..........the changes.

NOTE: not that you don't know, but I find Midday with Tom Keene on Bloomberg to be one of the best informational financial programs currently on the tube.

Take care,
    Catch