Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

WisdomTree

Declared a quarterly dividend and the stock is up 23%. I was a little surprised that they did not pay dividend before, considering their philosphy of investing in companies paying dividends:-)
http://ir.wisdomtree.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=879584

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Great quarter, good place to be (long-term, I do think the exchanges and some of the asset managers are worth a look, like TROW and maybe WETF (but not up 20+%), decent dividend (I figure around 2% at current levels), but over 20% higher seems rich. Analysts making good points about how their currency-hedged Japan funds will likely see significant inflows based upon what happened last night and I think anyone wanting to play Japan for any length of time basically has to have those products on the top of their list.
  • scott said:

Great quarter, good place to be (long-term, I do think the exchanges and some of the asset managers are worth a look, like TROW and maybe WETF (but not up 20+%), decent dividend (I figure around 2% at current levels), but over 20% higher seems rich.

APAM? BEN?
  • @Kaspa Wisdom Tree kicked a dvd? well, knock me ov-ah! Nice poke in the ribs, by the way (must be Fri.)
    @scott Yep, timing is important for asset mgr. investments. Perhaps this one's time has come. And if one of their funds catches your fancy, it is somewhat sweet symmetry to have the company's stock gains help feed the fund (and/or vice versa).