Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Winning With Liquid Alternatives.

Winning With Liquid Alternatives is a new book by Norman Mains. I picked up a digital copy off the Apple Book Store. This will be my evening reading for the foreseeable future. As this sector of the market is growing fast, I figured it makes sense to do some self-education on the subject.

http://dailyalts.com/new-book-offers-guide-using-liquid-alternatives/

Comments

• What is a "liquid" Asset? every investment I have is liquid except my house,
    Sell them (investments) tomorrow get $ next day or two, my checking account is slower than that!
  • Winning With Liquid Alternatives is a new book by Norman Mains. I picked up a digital copy off the Apple Book Store. This will be my evening reading for the foreseeable future. As this sector of the market is growing fast, I figured it makes sense to do some self-education on the subject.

http://dailyalts.com/new-book-offers-guide-using-liquid-alternatives/

Good John, maybe you can educate us on the subject. I know almost nothing about Liquid Alternatives. I think that term is very broad. You've got your work cut out for you trying to understand this arena.
  • edited November 2014
    I do hope to glean some info from this book. This whole arena is being touted as the next evolution in investing and I can see that. I don't much of anything about it so I should learn more. I'll check back after I have read some.

Edit: I am finishing up on The Intelligent Portfolio by Christopher Jones and William Sharpe. A bit slow at first but finishes in true Professer Sharpe fashion. I'm a big fan of MPT and the Efficient Frontier though my actual investing may not match that.