Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Finviz futures, 'Course, this early view doesn't really mean "squat"; but interesting

edited November 2014 in Off-Topic
'Course, this early view doesn't really mean "squat" at this early time and date; but interesting.

I am curious whether monies continue to flow away from energy related for a few days or weeks; and where that money will travel to next. And I don't know, of course; what any of this (energy sells) will mean to global markets for the short run.

Lastly, the 30 year versus the 10 year Treasury yields have changed paths; which began last week. What'cha think about this?

Yield curve

Note: Finviz recently added the VIX to the list.

Finviz futures, Sunday, Nov 30

Comments

• @catch22: Go back to sleep, shovle some snow, work on your fund boat, its way to early the futures don't mean "squat.
    Regards,
    Ted"
  • Mornin' catch22,

As to where money will travel to next, 6 of my short-term portfolio of 8 ETFs were in an uptrend, and recently are more so. They are: XLY, XLP, QQQ, RTH, SMH, and XLK. So I would say consumer- and tech-related funds. I guess that's only if you're chasing performance, which isn't supposed to work - oh, well.

Thanks for the tip on VIX. I look at the FINVIZ futures frequently but hadn't noticed its addition. I found that VIX-related ETFs are too volatile for me and removed them from my lists of candidate ETFs.

Best, Tony
  • edited November 2014
    Don't futures not open until 5PM Central on Sunday? I know that's when commodities open for trade.
  • Let's hope. Another 10% drop in oil would be 20% sector drop in 2 days? We'll have to call it Black Weekend.
  • Waiting for MY price...but oil will be back...no brainer
  • edited November 2014
    @scott and @Charles

The numbers at Finviz at this time (6:30pm,EST) have rotated from the 11am notations. Are these (the previous 11am numbers) the leftover/closed positions from Friday? I fully expect a lot of movement with some of these areas, in particular, once the Aussie, NZ and Japanese markets get moving.

Changes from the 11am Sunday numbers indicate gold down more, crude now only -2.5% vs -10.6%, Treasury's 10 & 30 year both down now, U.S. equity (all sectors show) were about flat and now down. Yes, scott; the Chicago trading did begin at 5pm, CST.

Oh, well. Just keep hanging around the markets.

CBOT trading hours

Take care,
    Catch
  • Thanks man. That seems a little more reasonable.