Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

When time isn’t money: The concerning trend that could rule 2015.

edited December 2014 in Off-Topic
Interesting piece on fixed income projections for 2015 with opinion from Jeffrey Gundlach. I think this could spur the boom even more for alternatives in the fixed income arena.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102218247?trknav=homestack:topnews:6

Comments

• @heezsafe, Thanks for that additional link. One interesting prediction from Gundlach is his Treasury target of 2.20% and I believe we are already there if he is referring to the ten year.
  • @JohnChisum re. target of 2.2%
    Yeah, fairly strong pullback today, for better or worse (depending on which number you care about); and (as usual) WSJ, Barron's, Bloomberg reporters, the usual suspects, were quick to rush in with "explanations" (almost always wrong). I think someone(s) playin' with this. Has me slightly on-edge, even though I have portfolio hldgs that will benefit from moves in either direct.

FYI: Gundlach will be doing his last Web conference of the year, on Tues. Dec 9th. From the title, it looks like it will include something about these very same bond market musings he's had recently: "This Time It's Different." (probably just a coincidence:) )
  • @heezsafe, do you have a link for that conference?

Yesterday was a red letter day for me. I have been debating sweeping profits from AAPL but it looks like everyone else is doing the same. There is no bad news out there so I'll keep it for a while longer.

Gundlach makes a lot of sense. Hopefully that conference is available or a transcript afterwards.
  • @JohnChisum Sure, let me open another tab.
    OK, to register ahead of time (oh boy, you're gonna have to stay up late for this one? 1 PM PST), go to the home page here:
    http://www.doublelinefunds.com/index.html
    If you click on the long tab for EVENTS, you'll get a dropdown menu for their Webcast schedule; his upcoming is at the top, with a entry link into the registration site.
    Be sure to enter something creative for your occupation, e.g. hash cook, silkworm breeder, Ponzi scheme consultant......:)
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks @heezsafe. That time of the day might be difficult here. Hopefully they keep a replay like Matthews does.

Edit: Just looked at the Doubleline page and they do have replays as well. Something to watch with the morning coffee.
  • edited December 2014
    They do. Release pending review, usually 7d post (sometimes on d6 or d8). If you miss the live webcast and want to whet your appetite, you can play the village idiot, click on the registration link they will send you by e-mail, and it will still take you in. They will of course note that the replay is not yet available; however, somewhere on that page will be DL e-mail for requesting the presentation slides. I think the guy's name is Mathew, or Matt, and he'll get them to you pronto.