Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

who can advise me of some good Series 7 prep courses? please

edited April 2011 in Off-Topic
Does anyone know what companies sell some good Series 7 study and prep courses?
I want to get into the securities industry and probably will need a Series 7. I want to prepare myself for the Series 7 before I make the jump into this industry (to see if its right for me - looking before I leap). So I want to take a Series 7 prep course (self funded) before I get into a trading firm. I want to gage and get a feel for if I think I can pass this test (what the probability is) before I get hired by a broker only to find out that I can’t pass the Series 7 and subsequently get fired. I want to save myself the embarrassment and study on my own now.

Comments

• Series 7 were designed years ago and it is the most boring exam out there. the license won't help you get the right job. Try to get a job of interest first, and if series 7 is required, the employer will pay for you. The rule of thumb is to study hard enough to pass (score 70 or 72 if i recall correctly). if you score more than that, you overstudied. If you are interested in money management, you should read the CFA level 1 books and see whether this is your cup of tea. CFA is a serious certification and would be meaningful for the taker as well as for the potential employee. don't waste time with series 7.