Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Question regarding my SEP-IRA & SEQUX

My wife has recently took a new job that requires us to have all of our holds that are at brokerage firms to be held at Fidelity. We both have SEQUX fund and its not available at Fidelity. The question should I go ahead a sell SEQUX or transfer those funds of SEQUX directly to SEQUX {which would be acceptable from her company} Thanks for everyone's input!

Comments

• If you want to keep the fund, and why wouldn't you, transfer your holdings directly to Sequoia.
  • Sequoia is not having a wonderful year but tends to outperform when the market is weak>I would take steps to keep it while recognizing it should not be the only fund you own
  • I agree. It sounds like you're being forced to consolidate, so even having this one outlier somewhere else is not going to create more bookkeeping for you. You'll still have fewer accounts (or at least no more) than you started with.
  • Is it too much to ask why you both have to consolidate your holdings at Fidelity?? Seems strange to me.
  • edited December 2014
    I have my SEQUX Roth account held by DST Systems (transfer agent for SEQUX). You have the choice of paying a once a year $12 administrative fee or have the fee deducted from your SEQUX account. I would move the account to the transfer agent rather than sell it.
  • edited December 2014

One of greatest funds ever...