Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

2015 Investment Outlook/Themes from various investment firms

edited January 2015 in Fund Discussions
Sorry, lazy to recreate the thread here, I am posting the link to the thread I created at M* pulling the Investment Outlook from various firms (Goldman Sachs, Blackrock, Ivy, Fidelity, Trow Price, etc.) into once place.

http://socialize.morningstar.com/NewSocialize/forums/p/344751/3605151.aspx#PageIndex=1

Comments

• Great idea for a thread. Thanks @mrc70.

I liked the forecast from Blackrock. Lots of detail and reasoning. Ivy Funds also had a good presentation. Some of the others, most notably Fidelity, seem to hedge their predictions.

I agree with the premise that interest rates might stay low for 2015. Also that technology and biotech will continue to grow. The ApplePay system as well as other smart type pay systems will take off in 2015. I just read where a number of gas stations will start accepting ApplePay. This area is ripe for growth.

• MY reflection: I will make money in the stock market in 2015, how much? I don't know,
    What %, don't care, but I will do everything in MY control to insure I reach certain Goals, I will check on my fund managers and be sure they are doing their best (job) to make me money, I will check that my companies are making increasing profits and revenues and dividends, that my bonds are paying better than avg. returns.......
    What investment firms THINK will happen is of no concern, and most often contradicting garbage
  • @Tampabay

1. What investment firms THINK will happen is of no concern, and most often contradicting garbage

>>>yup!

2. that my bonds are paying better than avg. returns.......

>>>presumption: total return, yes?? You will be tracking each week then? ..... In order to find any variables changing the numbers

Catch
  • I track ALL my investments EVERYDAY it takes one press of my finger on Morningstar, and I know Exactly what my investments are doing for the Day, for the hour/Minute (except Funds) one of their disadvantages, but I know what their holdings are doing
    Takes minutes a day....tough work
  • That's assuming that M* has all the info correct and updated which has been a problem.