Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Q1 Guide to the Markets

https://jpmorganfunds.com/cm/Satellite?UserFriendlyURL=diguidetomarkets&pagename=jpmfVanityWrapper

I read this every quarter and although much of the information is simply updated from quarter to quarter I find it a very helpful overview of global markets and economics.

Comments

• For those interested or considering Japanese stocks, on page 49 there's an interesting graph comparing the yen to the Nikkei. Based on the scale of the graph and the rough idea that they have moved in similar fashion for the last 6 years, I think the Nikkei goes up about 1.8 times as much as the yen declines (and vice versa). That would means if you don't hedge you would have lost more than half your return to currency devaluation.