Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Record Sales for iPhone 6 in China and India.

Comments

• I think the remarkable issue is that the story seemed to be flipped after around the Samsung Galaxy S4 or 5, which didn't meet expectations critically or commercially. The ball was in Samsung's court, then it flipped back to Apple.

The other issue is that the outlying players seem to have a continually difficult time maintaining market share. Google's Nexus-branded line was successful, then the 6 came out and has not been successful because people liked the Nexus line because they could get a cheap (in comparison) phone that was fully loaded. I've often talked up the 4 and 5 on this board.

The 6 came out and was a huge (I'm guessing it wouldn't fit in my pocket, as the 5 barely does) and much more expensive phone. After the 4 and 5, I'd actually pondered the 6. When it was revealed to be a giant phone and significantly more expensive ($649, I got the 5 for $399), I went, "Well, don't need that."

I've pondered lately - if I was to get a new phone, what would it be? I honestly don't know.
  • Xiaomi has been a thorn in Samsung's side and something they didn't expect. Samsung was focused so much on Apple they didn't notice the other guy.

My 4s is showing its age so I will upgrade pretty soon. My old eyes would appreciate a bigger and better screen but I too am curious about the size and carry ability of the big phone.

• I upgraded to iPhone 6 Plus over the holiday from a 4 years old 4. Took good care of it and obtained great resale price. Sofar I have been very happy with 6 on the performance and haven't had problem fitting it in my front pocket.
  • @MFO Members Apple Ad.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ted, just stick with the Motorola phone you have.
  • Phablets are the preferred size phone in China, and the people in China love luxury brands. The iPhone 6 Plus is a win-win for Apple in China.
  • @John Chisum: I don't have a Motorola, but my tin can is getting a little rusty, and my string is getting a little frayed.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • LOL. Well, they don't make tin cans like they used to.
  • Have an LG G3 and like it better than Samsung S5 and iPhone 6 ones I have seen.