Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Pimco Commodity RR - Approx. 12% Distribution Today

edited December 2011 in Fund Discussions
Not saying it's entirely unusual for this fund, just stating so that if anyone else owns and wonders why it's down gigantically this is why. All Asset and All Asset/All Authority also had big quarterlies.

Some other large Pimco distributions today.

http://investments.pimco.com/ShareholderCommunications/External Documents/Quarterly - All Classes Dividend Rates - PIMCO Funds.pdf

Comments

• Thanks Scott,

Does this indicate a lot of selling or is the over sized distribution due to other factors?
  • Reply to @bee:
    As Scott (and PIMCO) wrote, what you're seeing are just the quarterly (income) dividends.

The annual capital gains were distributed Dec 7 (Dec 6 record date). It is generally capital gains distributions that reflect selling. I leave it to others to judge whether these were big, small, normal or unusual.
  • It only means to me that it better be in a tax advantage IRA account, not taxable.
    If you want to buy, wait for the day the price has been reduced for the amount of distribution. I never understood why some investors think a dividend or distribution
    is added income and want to buy before the ex-div. It comes right out of NAV.
  • PSA
    edited December 2011
    My PETDX - Pimco Real Estate Return fund had a big Dec.7 and Dec. 28 distributions. I'm glad I hold it within my Roth. Big turnover 300 +