Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Deflation (and Sunday's game)

edited January 2015 in Off-Topic
Ted, if you'll forgive my mixed-metaphore, I think deflating the football to gain an unfair advantage in cold rainy weather amounts to dirty pool..

I believe your Patriots should forfeit the game Sunday.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/01/21/former-colts-qb-jack-trudeau-weighs-in-on-deflate-gate/22110063/

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I used to be in a business where.... IF you were making a lot of money(successful) people esp. your competitors said you "were cheatin"
    Guess football is no different...
  • edited January 2015
    @ Maurice:

FYI: Ted has already announced that the Patriots will defeat the Packers in Sunday's game.:)

The money aspect, eh? ... But think of the wrath that would descend on the Patriots organization should thousands of fans with expensive tickets have to sit in an empty stadium.

I mean ... Letting the air out of the football ... How lame!

Idea - Fans might instead view a video about "ethics in sports" on the Big Screen.
  • edited January 2015
    Overall, what a wonderful circumstance to present to the young folks of our country to help continue the high moral ground already established by Washington, D.C. and those elected and unelected there; who help set the path to higher ethical values with each passing year.
    Especially in the light of the low wages many professional sports players attain in this country.
    Tis a constant challenge, to the young ones here, including the neighborhood kids; to offset such things to maintain that ethics and morals do have value.
    Makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and proud to be a veteran. Oh, wait; that was a war against other folk's ideals during a civil war in another country.

• As the saying goes. It's not if you win or lose, but how you play the game. Yah right !!
    Derf
  • Say it ain't so(sa) $$$$$$$$$$$